Customer needs could differ for retail business with regards to Telecom, utilities, logistics, financial, outsourcing, government, health care, media, production, IT, property, service sector and so forth. Background of Customer Support: The Notion of customer service is as older as early and it all began with the industrial revolution where goods were designed and manufactured according to customer’s needs.
Problems faced in Client Service due to:
- Limited authority with every service station
- Communication barrier between the client and the CSE
- Resolution being awaited in the concerned person or group
- Every client’s issue is unique and expectations could vary to another degree
- Less employees available to cater to clients because of leave, absenteeism, attrition resulting in elevated pressure
- Technical or unfamiliar issue with no timelines or other accessible
- Company policy that serves as a hindrance sometimes
- Lack of knowledge or ability
- Customer reluctance to take a settlement
- Competition leading to higher expectations
Effectiveness of customer support
- On-line surveys as part of CSAT instrument as part of purchasing a product mainly asking to rate client’s experience on E-commerce sites. CSAT is Customer Satisfaction.
- Surveys at IVR Interactive Voice Response included in CSAT instrument
- Mystery Shopping by posing as a client
- Live and remote observation of customer interactions in sweepstakes reward for random sampling and assessing the quality of each interaction.
- Feedback calls, SMS, e-mails or IVR calls made to the clients to confirm if their question concern was solved or not
- Analysing and taking action foundation customer opinions on Website, social networking, Client Portal
- Assessing customer’s behaviour to the brand, its services and products by applying Business Intelligence, Data analytics, Search Engine Optimization and other practices.
There is Ola for Umber. There is Zomato for each Swiggy and Food Panda and the race is endless. There is a Big Bazaar for each Reliance Fresh. There is a Chrome for each Reliance Digital, and there is a Join for each Vodafone, Idea and Ariel.
- With VCs and new investors coming from rest of the world, the company landscape has evolved and developed multiple folds adding to everyone’s benefit such as income.
- Next is obviously, people’s incomes such as disposal incomes have improved along with the lifestyle. Luxuries have becomes requirements in today’s universe.
- Government policies encouraging foreign funds, FDIs, have been favourable for making a business friendly and investor friendly climate.
- Start-up Culture, Tech Parks are a major hit.
- Mergers and acquisitions have become a standard of the day.
But since then, as we have noticed, customer’s behaviour has been lively, unpredictable and affected by numerous variables that is why it is never consistent and is changing even faster than a stock market. Dealing with clients is challenging the majority of the time as it is similar to solving a jig saw puzzle each moment.